Date(s) - 04/10/2019
2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
The Community Kitchen
Three afternoons covering three global cuisines for young cooks aged 12 to 16. These fun, hands-on workshops with experienced cookery teacher and dad Jethro will see your child learning classic cookery skills whilst virtually travelling the world. You may never want to cook again!
Book one, two days or three days – multiple bookings receive a discounted price:
- Day 1, Italy: preparing scrummy Sicilian Chicken and homemade pasta dough to make three-cheese tortellini, pappardelle and tagliatelle. (10th April)
- Day 2, Mexico – Mex Nacho Chicken, Handmade Quesadillas and Guacamole & Salsa. (11th April)
- Day 3, Japan: a sushi-rolling extravaganza. (12th April)
Skills covered include safe knife use (the bridge and the claw), safe boiling and frying, safe baking (including oven temperature control and timing), kneading, mixing and measuring, and vegetable, fish and meat preparation (please note, this is over all three days and not all the skills skills will be covered in any one day). The above menus are adaptable to dietary requirements but please note these when booking.
Tickets for this event include:
- professional cookery tuition
- all ingredients and equipment
- soft drinks available throughout the session
- a light meal at our sociable dining table
- all recipes from the class.
Any profits raised from this class support our community cookery activities – where everyone can experience the benefits of cooking and eating together, regardless of finance, confidence or ability.
Tickets for this event are £25 per child per session, or £20 per session when booking more than one day (select “MultiBook”). We have a limited number of tickets available at a concession rate of £10 for those who are in receipt of a means-tested benefit. Use the drop-down to choose these options when purchasing your ticket.