Date(s) - 04/02/2019
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ready to spring into action and cook your way to a healthier you? Join Tablespoon Cooking Co. for Meal Prep Essentials and set yourself up for success! We believe that cooking nutritious meals and creative weekly spreads should be easy and fun, even in your busiest of weeks. New to cooking? No sweat! This class is for chefs of all skill levels. You’ll experience Tablespoon’s hands-on learning, gain valuable information and walk away knowing that healthy eating doesn’t have to be hard.
In this class you will:
- Become familiar with the recommended macronutrient balance at meals for fullness and balance all day long
- Discuss how to plan, prep & shop for meals like a pro
- Figure out how to stretch ingredients across several meals to avoid waste and save time
- Prepare a spread of flavorful dishes to take home for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
With all Tablespoon classes you get:
- Hands-on instruction from professional chefs
- Complimentary beer and wine — we offer a seasonally rotating selection of wines from small producers as well as local craft beer
- A booklet of recipes from class
- All the food you cook and enjoy during class, and any leftovers to bring home!
This class is led by Kayla Hansmann, Tablespoon’s resident dietitian nutritionist and wellness expert. As a registered dietitian nutritionist, Kayla has a passion for how food and nutrition intersect to form delicious combinations in a healthful, balanced, and realistic way with cooking as the backbone of that relationship. Her experience includes working as a clinical pediatric dietitian, community nutritionist and chef instructor with Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters, as well as an independent consultant for corporations and private clients.
Kayla is a graduate of Saint Louis University and received her master’s degree and completed her dietetic internship training at Loyola University Chicago.