Date(s) - 03/06/2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Take part in an exciting new program offered by Tarrant Area Food Bank’s Nutrition Services team. Come to the TAFB Kitchen Garden Cooking School and become fully equipped in the art and science of growing, harvesting, preparing and enjoying fresh, healthy vegetables and fruits from your own backyard or community garden.
The workshop includes:
- Instruction on how to grow the plant in a backyard or community garden setting
- An overview of the nutritional benefits and unique varieties
- A chef-led cooking demonstration with three irresistible ways to prepare the produce
- Discussion of flavor profiles
- Take-home recipes
- Opportunities to taste-test the prepared recipes
Join us each month to gain a whole new perspective on a variety of easy-to-grow, vitamin-packed, affordable vegetables. Topics include:
- December 2018 – Radishes
- January 2019 – Broccoli
- February 2019 – Alliums (Onions, Garlic, Leeks)
- March 2019 – Artichoke
- April 2019 – Eggplant
- May 2019 – Zucchini
- June 2019 – Figs
- July 2019 – Green Beans
- August 2019 – Okra
- September 2019 – Butternut Squash
- October 2019 – Mushrooms
- November 2019 – Spinach
- December 2019 – Sweet Potatoes
We hope to see you there!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Adults ages 18 and over are welcome to attend.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email email@example.com with questions.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No, your name will be on our guest list.